Tuesday 17 September 2013

What to include in a radio advertisement?

Thinking about radio advertisements lead me to question how to structure one and what to include. Therefore I decided to so some research on how to create an effective and persuasive radio advert. It is clear that I need to overcome the fact that I can't use visual elements to my advantage and consequently this means I have to captivate my audience through sound and words. 

What to include
I have learnt from research that I need to know how my product will benefit my target audience. As I am doing clothing, and clothing is to do with an individuals unique taste and therefore can't be advertised on the radio; I will have to advertise something that will benefit my target audience such as free delivery or 10% off with your first order for example. 

As well as this, I know that the details in the radio advert will have to be really clear so the audience know exactly how to get to the online clothing website and what we sell. Moreover, I also learnt that music is important as I need to consider that most people hearing the advert will be in a car and evidently will change the radio station when the music stops. This leads to the conclusion that I need to have music that will keep my audience in tune with the radio and something that will be catchy and stick with them. This creates online awareness of my product. Additionally, diegetic sound is also very important in the radio advert. In order to make the audience remember it more I will have to mention the name of my online clothing wesbite a few times rather than just once.

From my research I have also discovered that usually radio adverts are 10-20 seconds long. Everything in my advert must be simple and effective to encourage the audience to buy my product, which means I have to only include the most relevant points about my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment