Wednesday 6 November 2013

Draft Storyboard

 This is my draft storyboard for my first TV advert. Here I am filming the story of a large group of friends- both male and female and young adults aged around 17/18 at their friends at Christmas. This is a seasonal advert, therefore I will be promoting seasonal Winter and Christmas clothing- inspired by the Jack Wills advert I analysed http://melissakerrisonadvancedportfolio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/initial-idea.html  as I liked the idea of a high class theme and the advert suggesting that the clothing gives you a certain lifestyle. The idea is that throughout the day they change into different outfits depending on each activity. Therefore, I have started it off with everyone at the house smiling and having a good time with their friends, dressed in simple clothing such as jeans and jumpers. The next change of clothing is evident when they go out for a Winter walk- this is when they wear coats, hats scarves and boots. Later on they get into evening wear, party season dresses, with the boys wearing shirt and tie, as the advert ends we see the clothing change from evening wear to bedtime wear, i.e pyjamas. This demonstrates 'MORALE' clothing and how they have something to suit your every need, whether it be casual, smart casual or dressy. This reinforces the idea I want to convey 'clothing to suit every occasion.'



  
I got a few opinions on my storyboard and decided to cut a few shots out such as the second shot of the zoom through the window displaying everyone sat around on the sofas. This is because I decided that this was an unnecessary shot which had no meaning. Other shots included picture 4 and 5 of my storyboard. I cut these out as they also had no meaning as I had only included them as it made the story more clear. However, the advert makes sense without those shots and this is why I chose to cut them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment