Friday 22 November 2013

TV advert 2

My second TV advert, like my first TV advert,  reinforces the confidence and self-esteem boost that Morale clothing gives you.

The basic idea is that a girl turns up to her friends house drenched by the rain and with no clothes to wear and her friend gives her a new dress from Morale, the dress gives her confidence and she is idolised by everyone else at the party. When the girl first walks in, the music stops and everyone looks at her in admiration, this is over the top to exaggerate and emphasise how desirable and captivating Morale clothing is. Later on in the night shows the girl to be dancing on the table with everyone cheering. I used a lot of long shots and close ups to show the clothing and the facial expressions of the girl who is feeling 'confident, courageous and captivating' in her clothing.


My storyboard for TV advert 2.





In my research I found that in most clothing adverts it was clear that the character wearing the clothing is always displayed as desirable and this is something I want to portray in my advert. For example in the missguided advert, the models are always filmed from a low angle shot which demonstrates them as superior and desirable. (see research post)
 http://melissakerrisonadvancedportfolio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/clothing-advert-research.html
This is something that I have taken into consideration and want to incorporate into mine which is why I have chosen low angle shots towards the end. Evidently, by doing this I am intentionally conforming to traditional conventions of a clothing advert.



No comments:

Post a Comment