Tuesday 28 January 2014

Filming Session 2

I recently filmed a part of my second main advert.
To prepare I had to buy plastic cups, straws, drinks and snacks to make the party look more realistic. I had to make sure there was a reasonable ratio of boys and girls as my target audience is both boys and girls and as well as this it makes the party look more realistic. 
During filming, there were a few problems I came across such as I found it hard to position people so that it looked 'natural' as well as this I needed to make sure that there was not too many cups or anything on the table as later on in the advert there is a low-angle shot of Lucy dancing on the table. Moreover, I wanted to film a shot of people speaking to Lucy at the party about where her dress was from, as this would allow her to reference Morale clothing and promote it, however, at the time it didn't look right and when editing I realised it didn't flow well with the other shots as it is meant to be fast paced and exciting. When looking back at the footage from the filming session and trying to edit, I realised that the shot of everyone didn't look like a party much and I decided it needs to look more obvious, so I googled pictures of parties to see how I could make mine look more similar.
These images demonstrate the importance of making it look like there are a lot more people, as well as this, the people need to be dancing and really energetic.
This is how my media actually looks, I originally thought that it might look good for the party to be casual and for not many people to be dancing, but just standing around which shows the difference when Lucy walks in and is dancing on the table. Now I realise that I should make the party look fun before she comes in as well so it looks obvious that it is a party, as in advertising, I realise that things should be really obvious to the audience. 

As well as this, I want to include balloons and have more drinks around to improve the realism. Apart from that, I think filming went well, although I realised that when Lucy is dancing on the table, her head is sometimes cut out of the shot. I thought this was really disappointing as apart from that, it was the perfect shot at the right angle and and it looks real with everyone cheering and clapping- this is exactly how I wanted it to look. Therefore, overall filming went well, there are just two shots I need to re-film.



No comments:

Post a Comment