Wednesday 17 July 2013

"What are you hoping to achieve in your skills development?"

From AS to A2, I'm hoping to achieve a much more detailed understanding of all stages of creating a piece of work such as a thriller/advertisement. Linking to my critical perspectives exam, the key areas are:
  • Digital Technology
  • Creativity
  • Research and Planning
  • Post-Production
  • Conventions from real media texts 
 I'm hoping to improve my work noticeably from AS to A2 as I already feel I am a lot more confident and prepared for all stages of the coursework in A2. Moreover, I also feel less restricted because during AS, my knowledge was limiting and in some ways I felt that it was hard depending on a group. However, I feel that it will be challenging as I will be creating my final product independently which will be a lot more work and increasingly harder.

I hope to achieve improvements in all stages, but specifically, I really want to improve on my creativity as I didn't feel I explored everything and used any sources for help that were available to me. This time, I hope to broaden my ideas and explore any possibilities. Furthermore, I want to be more prepared and therefore will be doing a lot more research and planning, making sure I refer back to the questions throughout. I don't feel I was very prepared in AS and didn't refer back to my storyboard as much as I could have. This year for A2 I want to achieve confidence with digital technology which will enhance my final product.

So far, I feel that I have looked at many adverts on clothing which is what my idea is at the moment. I already feel I have improved in my effort in researching as I can easily identify target audience and the normal conventions of an advert. I also feel confident in what I need to do to achieve a good overall product.

No comments:

Post a Comment